۱۳۹۵ آبان ۹, یکشنبه

Iran: Political prisoner’s letter to Ms. Asma Jahangir, UN Special Rapporteur





Iran: Political prisoner’s letter to Ms. Asma Jahangir, UN Special Rapporteur

Ms. Asma Jahangir, the UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in Iran
I am Hassan Sadeghi, a political prisoner incarcerated in Gohardasht prison in Karaj. My right eye was damaged as a result of torture in Evin prison in the 1980s and now the same eye has developed glaucoma. Despite the fact that they (prison officials) delayed my appointment for emergency surgery for two months, the prosecutor ordered a ban on my appointment for today's surgery in Farabi Hospital in Tehran and conditioned my dispatch to the hospital to wearing handcuffs and shackles and prison uniforms. Indeed, they practically refuse to transfer me to hospital since they know that political prisoners do not yield to such humiliation. This is despite the fact that I am practically on the verge of blindness.