۱۳۹۵ آبان ۱۷, دوشنبه

Iran: Female Political Prisoner Taken to Solitary Confinement




NCRI - According to reports published on November 4, the political prisoner Afsaneh Bayazidid, a Kurdish student held in Kerman Prison in exile, has been taken to the prison’s solitary confinement under the pretext of ‘starting a fight with other prisoners’.
The fellow Kurdish student from Bukan was sentenced on 21 August 2016 to four years’ imprisonment as well as exile to Kerman Prison on fabricated charges of propaganda against the system, insulting Khamenei and working with a Kurdish party. Afsaneh Bayazidi was taken to Kerman Prison on 8 September 2016 to serve her 4-year sentence.
Afsaneh’s mother has said in an interview that “Afsaneh has been deprived of making any phone calls to us during the two months she’s been held in Kerman Prison.” She added that Afsaneh has called once and said in a choked voice that ”they’ve put me next to dangerous prisoners which has taken away my safety and comfort and I keep having nightmares about death every night I go to bed, wondering if I’d still be alive to wake up in the morning. They call me all the time and tell me ‘hey, you counter-revolutionary Kurd, are you still alive?’” “My daughter is serving her sentence in terror”, says Afsaneh’s mother.
The political prisoner’s mother added: “I need to be on the bus for 20 hours to travel from Bukan to Kerman and see my daughter which I’ve done only once as I’m old now and not able to do such things anymore. I wish she was transferred to Bukan.”
It should be pointed out that on April 24 this year, the criminal security forces entered Afsaneh Bayazidi’s house in Bukan without showing any warrant and arrested Afsaneh following inspecting her house and seizing some of her belongings.